Wednesday, July 23, 2008

e-Sword LIVE

Some of you who know me well know that I am a huge fan the Bible Study software e-Sword. I run it on a HP Pavilion tx 2000 tablet PC which has now become my primary Bible for study, teaching and worship. I fully acknowledge that there are far superior Bible study applications out there (Logos, BibleWorks, etc.) that range anywhere from $300 upwards to $1,500. The best part about e-Sword is that it provides the same basic features and it's totally free.

Now, the same e-Sword that I have grown to love is available online. This version is based on the English Standard Version and contains a handful of the plug-ins available for the client version, including Matthew Henry's Commentary, Nave's topics, Strong's, Easton's, and the Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge cross-reference. All you need to do is register for free access.

It's a far cry from the e-Sword that is running on my tablet, which currently contains 32 Bible translations, 11 lexicons & dictionaries, dozens of commentaries, and hundreds of ebooks. But this will come in handy if I am ever in a pinch and can't get to my tablet.
.

No comments: